1984 Cape Dory 28' (8.53 m) 28
Houston, Texas, United States
At her launch in 1974, the Cape Dory 28 marked the beginning of a fruitful twelve-year partnership between Cape Dory Yachts and well-respected designer Carl Alberg. Between 1974 and 1987, Cape Dory built 388 in their yard in East Taunton, New England, helping the company forge a grand reputation for
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: CPDF0372M84E
|Standing Rigging replaced in 2020|
|Air Conditioning installed in 2015|
|Transmission replaced in 2016|
|Interior Cushions replaced 2018|
|Tiller Drive with Raymarine ST2000 Autopilot|
|Date Listed: 11/15/2021|
Standing Rigging replaced in 2020
Air Conditioning installed in 2015
Transmission replaced in 2016
Interior Cushions replaced 2018
Tiller Drive with Raymarine ST2000 Autopilot
Batteries and Charger replaced in 2021
Boot stripe repainted in 2020
Official Number: 678159
LOA: 28' 1'' (8.56 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 8' 11''
Draft Max: 4'
Draft Min: 4'
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Air Conditioning: Yes
Bridge Clearance: 40' 7''
Fuel Tank: 12 Gallons (45.42 Liters)
Fresh Water: 30 Gallons (113.56 Liters)
Holding Tank: 24 Gallons (90.85 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Universal
- Power HP: 14.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Engine Location: Middle
- Layout: Single Cabin forward.
- Air Conditioning: Webasto FCF 9,000 BTU
- Ports: 8 Bronze opening ports
- Hatches: 2
- Cabin Sole: Teak and Holly
- Dinette Table: Large table folds up against the forward bulkhead.
- Settee(s): Two. Starboard becomes a single berth and the port slides out to a double berth.
- Cushions: Replaced 2019
- Master Cabin: V-berth
- Headroom: 6’2”
- Head(s): One: Jabsco, installed 2021
- Stove/Oven: Two burner propane stove. Propane tank not installed.
- Built-in icebox that drains into the bilge
- Sink: Stainless steel galley sink
- Water: Manual pump water system
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST2000 Tiller Autopilot
- Depth: SR Mariner Depth Sounder
- VHF: Standard Horizon Quest VHF
- 12v system
- 110v system
- Battery Charger Replaced 2021
- Batteries Replaced 2021
- Shore Power: 30 ft. Shore power cord w/adaptor
- Alternator: Replaced 2021
- Interior Lights
- Nav Lights
- 12v Outlet(s)
SAILS & RIGGING
- Main with sail cover
- Headsails: Two 115% Genoas and two 95% Jibs.
- Self-Tending club-footed Jib-boom.
- Standing Rigging Replaced 2020
- Running Rigging: The majority replaced 2020
- Primary Winches: Two Self Tailing Barient 17s
- Halyard Winches: One Lewmar 6
- Traveler: Aft of Cockpit
- Mast Height: 40’ 7”
DECK & HULL
- Draft: 4’
- Canvas: Dodger, Companionway cover
- Swim ladder
- Anchor: CQR style main anchor and Danforth style spare anchor.
- Locker(s): Lazeretts port and starboard
- Dorade Vent over head
- Bottom: Painted 2020
- LIFESLING Overboard Rescue System
- Engine: Universal 14hp
- Steering: Tiller
- Bilge Pump
Note: the boat has a few "old boat issues" that need TLC
The asking price accounts for the following systems that are inoperable or in need of attention:
- Stove inoperable
- Depth sounder displays cloudy
- Varnish in need of work
- Some portlight leaks
- Deck nonskid flaking off in areas
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.