1998 Nordhavn 46' (14.02 m) 46
Port Bolivar, Texas, United States
Poco a Poco II
Nordhavn 46 Long Range Cruiser
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: PAI46059H198
$ 399,000 USD
Every decade or so a yacht is designed that is extraordinarily successful by all measures. Lines and proportions are wonderfully pleasing, while at the same time highly functional. Aesthetic attraction is universal, performance is exemplary, and the ideal balance between subjective and objective qualities is achieved. One design having all of these characteristics is rare, and it invariably becomes a classic by which others are measured. In the highly specialized world of oceangoing, recreational power vessels, the Nordhavn 46 has achieved the legendary status of a modern day classic. Born from the driving passion of the founders of Pacific Asian Enterprises, P.A.E., the 46 was from the very beginning a design that broke the marketing and styling rules of the day. Challenging the popular trends of the marine industry for light, go-fast boats, the Nordhavn 46 immediately attracted an ardent following of sailors and power boaters who shared a common desire to travel the oceans of the world. Many had read Robert Beebe’s Voyaging Under Power and were searching for their ideal passage maker. Others had simply become tired of the discomfort of voyaging under sail and the dependence on fair wind and good weather. The P.A.E. team, already developing and marketing the beautiful, oceangoing line of Mason sailboats, saw this opportunity and introduced the Nordhavn 46 to the enthusiastic response of experienced cruisers. What may have seemed like a cult following at first has grown to a worldwide family of boat lovers who enjoy the comfort and simplicity of voyaging under power.
Official Number: 1074170
LOA: 45' 9'' (13.94 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Beam: 15' 5''
LWL: 38' 4''
Draft Max: 5' 6''
Draft Min: 5' 6''
Maximum Speed: 9.5 Knots
Cruise Speed: 8 Knots
Range NMI: 3000
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Air Conditioning: Yes
Fuel Tank: 1000 Gallons (3785.41 Liters)
Fresh Water: 280 Gallons (1059.91 Liters)
Holding Tank: 50 Gallons (189.27 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Lugger
- Engine Model: L-668D
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Power HP: 143.00
- Power KW: 106.64
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 2801.00
- Engine Location: Middle
Once on board you can enter onto the starboard covered side deck amidships through a bulwark door, port cockpit via a bulwark door, or from the swim platform through a transom door into the cockpit. From the cockpit a large sliding door opens to the salon and galley. Forward and to starboard are two sets of steps… one up to the Pilothouse and the other down to the two staterooms. Moving down and forward the guest quarters are to port and the private guest head and shower to starboard. Further forward is the owner’s head and shower to starboard and the owner’s living quarters all the way forward. Taking the steps up from the salon takes you to the Pilothouse. One can exit the Pilothouse to the side decks and Portuguese bridge through port and starboard sliding doors. Boat deck can be accessed from the port side deck or cockpit ladder.
This open and airy living area measures eleven feet by twelve feet. An “L” shaped settee and two swivel chairs provide ample seating for six. A beautiful moveable dining/card table measuring 40”x40” when opened can be securely stowed when not in use. Soles are teak & spruce. The shaded after deck is easily accessed through a large sliding door. There’s an abundance of ventilation and light through opening stainless marine windows and a beautiful view of the yacht’s surroundings when the custom blinds are open.
Efficiently designed, the galley has abundant storage and counter space. The position is such that it is out of the main stream of salon traffic, yet not isolated. The person working within the galley will be able to participate in any conversation and see all activity within the salon area.
- Counters are covered with upgraded Surrell
- Upgraded Refrigeration with Two sets of Isotherm Stainless Steel Refrigerator/Freezer drawers under fwd. counter.
- Force 10 propane stove & oven outboard with exhaust fan. Two large propane tanks (one active, one spare) are housed in a hidden compartment on deck.
- Oversize GE convection microwave oven above the stove
- Broan trash compactor under aft counter
- Double stainless 10” deep sinks
- Hidden pass-thru to wheelhouse
Guest quarters are located down and amidships. This stateroom, located to port, has a roomy bright feeling. It has beautifully finished teak cabinetry, white laminate bulkheads with teak trim, and teak & spruce soles. There is a double berth (6’4”x4’5”) athwartships with a pull out single berth above. There is a separate head with a stall shower to Starboard.
Another room that has that open airy feeling is the Owner stateroom, down & forward. Plenty of natural ventilation and light provided by opening stainless ports and three overhead hatches (two small & a large escape/vent hatch). With long range cruising in mind Poco a Poco II has two hanging lockers, a 6 drawer vanity, four deep drawers under the centerline queen (6’6”x5’6”), storage under the dressing bench, and multiple other storage areas. The private head & stall shower also has abundant storage.
Master & Guest heads both have upgraded Surrell countertops with special order white sinks, Jabsco electric heads with macerator, medicine cabinet with mirror, and molded seats in the shower.
Located amidships where the effect of the pitching motion of the yacht is felt the least. There is a bench for four with a wide table for dining or just enjoying the panoramic view. A pilot berth is up & aft of the settee and has a slide out extension to make it into a double berth. Note that while on passage, on a couple crewed yacht, the off-watch partner can sleep comfortably within reaching distance of the person on watch.
- Furuno SSB Transceiver Model 1502
- Furuno GPS Plotter 1810
- Furuno Front Radar
- Furuno Color Fish Finder/depth FCV-600L
- Furuno GPS Navigator
- Simrad Auto Pilot AP20 with hand held remote
- Icon IC M504 VHF Radio
- B&G Network Depth/ Speed/Wind
- Seahail Loudspeaker with communications speaker in aft cockpit
- Ritchie 6” Compass
- Clock and Barometer
- Search light
- Stainless Destroyer wheel
- Fold up teak pilot seat
- Master electrical panel
- American Bow Thruster control
- Windlass controls
- 66# CRQ anchor with 400’ 3/8” chain
- 44# Bruce, 40’ chain, & 300’ 5/8” line in cockpit lazarette
- Maxwell VWC 3500 windlass with deck & pilothouse controls
- Freshwater deck and anchor wash down
- Hot/Cold fresh water shower & separate fresh water washdown in cockpit
- Fiberglass deck storage box
- Compartment inside Portuguese bridge for two large propane tanks (one active, one spare)
- 110 Volt Shore power
- Batteries: 2015 Lifeline AGM Batteries: 2 house D8, engine start - 1 D8, generator start 1 D4 , 2017 2 D8 thruster/ windless.
- 8kw Northern lights generator with sound shield - 2155 hrs.
- Trace 2500 watt inverter
- Access door in Guest stateroom with 5 access hatches in salon sole.
- 143 hp. Lugger main engine (2801 hrs.) with Twin Disk transmission
- Fuel transfer system with Racor 900 filter
- Four iron fuel tanks with recessed sight level gauges & easily accessible clean-out ports
- Dual Racor 900 filters (clean one without shutting down) with vacuum gauge on main engine
- Oil change system for main & generator
- 8kw Northern lights generator with sound shield - 2155 hrs.
- Stainless steel fuel manifold
- Main engine dry exhaust and keel cooling
- Storm plates for Salon windows
- Paravane stabilizers
- Port & Stbd cockpit winch controls for deploying & retrieving paravane “fish” 18’ dia.
- Cape Horn Para-Anchor
- 3 zone air conditioning (12,000 btu wheelhouse) (12,000 btu for staterooms) (16,000 btu for the salon)
- Achilles 10 ft 4 in inflatable Dinghy with a 15 hp Honda outboard.
The asking price accounts for the following systems that are inoperable or in need of attention:
- Water Damage to wood in the Galley from a leak that has been sealed.
- Bottom paint 2019.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Vessel Locations & Events
Want more information?
1500 Marina Bay Drive
Clear Lake Shores TX 77565 USA