1990 Tartan 34' (10.36 m) 34-2
Houston, Texas, United States
Tartan 34-2 set up for racing or comfortable cruising. Set up for easy single handed sailing.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: TAR34110H990
|Extensive Sail inventory|
|Upgraded halyard winches|
|Traveler in front of companionway|
|Date Listed: 02/21/2023|
Official Number: 955806
LOA: 34' 5'' (10.49 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 10' 11''
LWL: 28' 10''
Draft Max: 4' 6''
Draft Min: 4' 6''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Air Conditioning: Yes
Fuel Tank: 23 Gallons (87.06 Liters)
Fresh Water: 57 Gallons (215.77 Liters)
Holding Tank: 14 Gallons (53 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3GM
- Power HP: 27.00
- Power KW: 20.13
Owners Association Description:
The Tartan 34-2 hull, rig, and appendages were designed by Sparkman and Stephens, while the interior and deck were designed in-house. 110 Tartan 34-2 sailboats were built from 1984 (for the 1985 model year) to 1989 in Hamlet, North Carolina. The Tartan 34-2 extends the reputation of the venerable Tartan 34C (for "classic") built from 1967 through 1978. The 34-2 model, also referred to as the 34 Mk II, is named to distinguish it from the 34C. Moreover, the 34-2 is an extended (9 inches in the stern) version of the well-regarded Tartan 33/33R (1979-1984). Like the 33R it has a full masthead sail plan, double spreaders, and a baby stay. The 34-2 sported a fin or Scheel keel, while the 33R had a fin only. Regarded as an excellent coastal cruiser with blue water ability, the T34-2 is wonderfully seaworthy and sea-kindly, and a joy to sail!
- Layout: Forward Master V-berth with full size berth port aft.
- Air Conditioning: Dometic 16k BTU Reverse Cycle Air
- Ports: Nine Opening Port Lights
- Hatches: 2 opening Hatches
- Cabin Sole: Teak and Holly
- Nav Station: To Port
- Dinette Table: Fold down teak dining table (seats four)
- Settees: To Port and Starboard. Port Settee pulls out to make a double berth.
- Master Cabin: V-Berth forward.
- Guest Cabin: Full size berth port aft.
- Head: One
- Stove/Oven: Three-burner Gimbaled CNG stove with oven.
- Refrigeration: 12 Volt
- Freezer: 12 Volt, inside refrigerator.
- Sink: Single with hot and cold water plus manual foot pump.
- Water: Pressure water
- Water Heater
- Cabinets: Various
- Plotter: Raymarine Hybrid Touch at Helm
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST6002 Smart pilot, controller at Helm.
- Speed/Depth: Raymarine
- Wind: Raymarine at Helm
- VHF: West Marine VHF 480
- Multi/Graphic: Raymarine: 2 at Helm, 2 repeaters over companionway, 1 repeater at Nav Station.
- Stereo: AM75BT Pandora Bluetooth Motion Control Receiver CD Player
- 12v system
- 110v system
- Battery Charger 2015
- Shore Power:110 Volt
- Interior Lights: LED and Halogen
- Nav Lights
- 12v Outlet: At Nav Station
SAILS & RIGGING
- Dacron main with the Dutchman system
- Carbon fiber racing main, black
- Roller furling 125% working jib with Sunbrella
- 135% Mylar/ Kevlar jib with Sunbrella
- 155% carbon fiber racing Genoa, black
- Standard Spinnaker with all gear
- Tri- radial Spinnaker with bow sprit pole and all related gear
- All spin sheets are color coded
- There are port and starboard - jib, main and spin halyards
- 2 sets of jib sheets and blocks
- Bowsprit: Selden Retractable/Removable
- Standing rigging replaced Summer of 2022
- Mainsheet traveler upgraded and positioned in front of the companionway.
- Roller Furling Genoa.
- Vang: Solid
- Primary Winches: Two Barient 24 Self Tailing Winches
- Halyard Winches: Two upgraded Harkin 35 2-Speed Self Tailing Winches
- Clutches: Ten Spinlock Clutches on Cabin top
- Windex: On Mast
- Backstay: Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster Summer of 2022
- Mast Height: 48’ 6”
DECK & HULL
- Hull Color: White
- Deck Color: Light Grey
- Draft: 4’6”
- Canvas: Navy Blue, Bimini, Mainsail cover and Genoa UV
- Covers: Wheel Cover, Companionway cover, Hatch and Handrail covers.
- Anchor Locker
- All window, gaskets and hatches were replaced with new Lexan panels in 2017
- Bottom: Spring of 2022
- Engine: Yanmar 3GM 27 hp with Approximately 950 hrs.
- Engine has both Racor water/ fuel separator and the engine fuel filter.
- Air Conditioning: Dometic 16k BTU Reverse Cycle Air 2018
- Steering: Wheel Steering
- Water Heater 2019
- Bilge Pump
- Head: Forward to Port: Raritan Manual Head
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.