Since its initiation in 2002, the Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) program has certified over 500 professional yacht brokers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Eligible, experienced yacht brokers who meet the application criteria and who successfully pass a three hour written examination earn their CPYB credentials, setting them apart as knowledgeable professionals dedicated to the highest ethical standards and to continued professional education and training.
As a cooperative venture among the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA), the Northwest Yacht Brokers Association (NYBA), the Florida Yacht Brokers Association (FYBA), the California Yacht Brokers Association (CYBA), the British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association (BCYBA), the Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association (GCYBA) and the Boating Dealers, the CPYB program continues to set the standard for industry professionalism. The program is actively promoted through sponsored advertising support provided by the key national yachting publications and web sites, including: Sailing World, Cruising World, Sail; Yachting; Soundings; YachtCouncil.org/com; Motor Boating; Power Cruising; Dupont Registry, YachtWorld.com; PassageMaker; and Salt Water Sportsman.
What is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker?
The CPYB program is pleased to extend its service to the industry by offering the opportunity for qualified North American brokerage firms to earn recognition as a CPYB Endorsed Brokerage. A qualified brokerage firm is defined as an entity or entities advertising under a common name in North America. Just as the program currently recognizes qualified, professional yacht brokers, the Endorsed Yacht Brokerage program honors brokerage firms that are committed to the high standards of the CPYB program and who support their brokers’ investment in attaining and maintaining their CPYB certification.
As a CPYB Endorsed Brokerage, your firm will benefit through:
1. Enhanced customer confidence,
2. Commitment to the standards of the CPYB program, ensuring consistency of support for your brokers and sales professionals,
3. CPYB’s national advertising exposure in leading industry publications, promoting the value of CPYB brokers and Endorsed Brokerages.
CPYB Endorsed Brokerages receive the following important services:
Use of the CPYB Endorsed Brokerage program logo,
Ongoing national advertising in prominent yachting publications and web sites,
Window decals for use in your marketing efforts,
A handsome recognition certificate, noting your firm’s accomplishment,
2 CPYB recertification credits provided annually for each of your CPYB certified brokers.
Qualifications & Eligibility: The brokerage firm meets or agrees to comply with the following:
1. The firm’s Broker of Record must be CPYB certified.
2. All other eligible brokers/salespersons must be in the process of obtaining their CPYB designation by applying to the program, and paying the application fees, passing the CPYB exam within six months of application.
3. Brokers / salespersons who are not yet eligible are considered apprentices and must apply to the CPYB program, pay the fee, and attend a minimum of one authorized continuing education activity each year during the term of their apprenticeship. Approved activities include authorized industry events and association-sponsored educational events. For a more detailed description of the Apprentice Program visit www.cpyb.net .
4. Provide, as by local law, evidence of a dedicated account for the funds held in trust for protection of brokerage client funds.
5. Agree to complete an annual CPYB Endorsed Brokerage update form by Jan 1 of each year.
What is Certified Professional Yacht Broker?