I had the pleasure of doing a check out sail on a new Beneteau 40 the morning of 1/14/2011 with her new owner. It was a cold morning here in St. Pete @ 40 something degrees but it turned into a truly beautiful morning sail on Tampa Bay. The new Beneteau 40 with the classic main option was a true pleasure under sail. We were sailing b/t 6.5 to 7.5 knots upwind in only about 10 knots of breeze. She was very well balanced with a very responsive helm that was light to the touch.
This particular boat is available for charter (captain) through www.SailingFlorida.com in St. Petersburg, FL. You will not be disappointed with the performance and comfort of the Beneteau 40.
New Standard items on the 2011 model:
- LED lights (interior & exterior)
- Slightly darker stained wood
- Stainless mooring cleats
- Cup holders in the cockpit
New options on the 2011 model:
- SailVac 5200 vacuum holding tank (highly recommend this option)
- Raymarine ST70 electronics in lieu of the ST60
- Raymrine C80 Hybrid chartplotter
- Light colored gel coat hulls